Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Thomas Walker beats Coeburn... again?

  1. #11
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Thomas Walker beats Coeburn... again?

    shut up j rod.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Walker beats Coeburn... again?

    Nothing funny about it from where I'm sitting. In the past, Twin Springs has consistently been one of the best basketball programs in Southwest Virginia. I certainly don't have any problems with Twin Springs. I may be one of the very few people in the LPD who likes Twin Springs. When I say that I wasn't surprised to see Thomas Walker beat Twin Springs, that has nothing to do with liking or disliking either team. I think Thomas Walker is playing better basketball than Twin Springs this year. For that matter so is Castlewood, St Paul, and Rye Cove. You can't be #1 in the region or district every year.

    You also won't get any argument from me about the level of competition in the Cumberland vs the LPD. The LPD is a football district, and the Cumberland is a basketball district. It has been that way as long as I can remember.

    As far as Castlewood, St. Paul, Rye Cove, and Thomas Walker beating any LPD team except Gate City. That may be true of those teams, but I'm not sure it would be true of Twin Springs this year.


    [ QUOTE ]
    hahahaha.... very funny.. yeah and 6 region d championships and a state championship and a runner up.... dont forget bout those.. chime in on that...everybody has a problem with us .. but we dont care.. yeah we are struggling this year... every program has down years.. the cumberland is the most balanced it has been in years.... castlewood, ts, cove, twalker could whip anybody in the weak lpd with the exception of great city

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Canon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2005
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Walker beats Coeburn... again?

    And we can't forget that TW used to be a very, very strong school in basketball when they had Coach Skeen. I remember we were state runner-ups for four years there, and that was when only the TOP team in each region went to state, the second place teams had to stay home. The girls also had a good run back in the 90s, so hopefully, TW might finally be coming back again. Personally, I just want to see Region D succeed, so I'm pulling for all of our teams.

    Anyways, I just hope that the TW boys don't get cocky. This is the first time they've had this much success in quite a while, so they need to keep their feet on the ground.

  4. #14
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Thomas Walker beats Coeburn... again?

    Ron was blood ,sweat and tears. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Don't ever remember an import, the gym stayed full EVERY summer.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member imported_BleedingBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2006
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Walker beats Coeburn... again?

    [ QUOTE ]
    You can't be #1 in the region or district every year.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Sure you can.. All you have to do is recruit.. Any program can do that if they want to stoop to that level.. Congratulations TW!! Great job!! Good luck the rest of the season!

  6. #16
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Walker beats Coeburn... again?

    Bleeding--leave that talk about a certain school "recruiting" off of this site please. Me and you both saw the stink that was caused by debating it on the Cumberland Forum. It caused some heated convo here last year too.

    Let's stick to the games.

    ------------------------------------------------

    As for TW beating Coeburn 3 straight, the first home game was an off night for Coeburn--they got into foul trouble early, and still only lost at home by 5 or 6. The Coal Classic game was a crock. TW plays good D, but they played a LOT more physical than what typical rules should allow. They didn't call anything on either end that wasn't a prosecutible offense until the last play, when their backup PF created some contact on a rebound down low and got a call to get to the line, and to his credit, sunk 1 of 2 to break the tie. The 3rd game at TW I wasn't there for, but as everyone on here should know, Coeburn was a bit short-handed for that with their 2nd leading scorer, Nick Jennings, out due to an ankle injury suffered in the loss to St. Paul in the Classic.

    This matchup is a typical example of two teams who are evenly matched when playing at the same level in an evenly called game, but if one or the other gets some injuries, foul trouble, or a bad shooting night...then the other team can run away with it. If the shoe were on the other foot with some bad shooting, calls not going their way, and injuries--we'd likely be talking about Coeburn winning 3 in a row over TW. The one thing I can definitely say that gives TW an advantage head-to-head over Coeburn is that they are deeper and play more guys in their rotation than about 90% of the teams around here...that's a credit to Sutphin for preparing every kid on the squad to contribute if called upon--also a credit to the kids for being ready and not being a deer in headlights out on the court.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  7. #17
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Thomas Walker beats Coeburn... again?

    I really don't care which ,TW or Coeburn wins. The importing by some schools is kinda odd, don't you think? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But I will bet, if they have already played 3 times, they see one long season ahead. Good luck to both.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Walker beats Coeburn... again?

    And this is just utterly ridiculous.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Walker beats Coeburn... again?

    Agreed
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

  10. #20
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Walker beats Coeburn... again?

    So let me get this straight--several have complained to mods no more than 6-7 months ago about threads not being on topic, but yet when I try to keep something on topic and out of the realm of ridiculousness--it's utterly ridiculous that I'm trying to do as a mod what was asked a while back by plenty of regular posters on here???

    Guys--let me set this straight--it's absolutely nothing personal when I'm trying to keep something on topic. Some topics on here degenerate into arguments, no matter when or by whom they're brought up. It only makes this board flow better when we try to keep the BS out of the way. Not only that, but I asked...I didn't demand that anyone do anything--I just suggested that we stay off of certain things before it degenerates into an argument, especially when it's not related to the thread at hand.

    There's nothing ridiculous about me or any other mod/admin on here trying to do their job right. As I've told several (including cvcgrad), if you have a problem with something I moderate on any of the boards, PM me, we'll discuss, and I'll admit I'm in the wrong if I am. Counts or Rock would do the same exact thing.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •